Re-use / Recycle Program
YES! Our transparent candle jars are re-usable
Choices we make and actions we take lean toward an optimistic future.
Return your candle jars to us and we can clean and re-use them to reduce our carbon impact and save landfill.
Recycling in your glass recycling bin is also ok, however the most eco-friendly approach is to re-use.
If you'd like to help us lean toward a better future, please return your jars to us, call/text/chat/email Simon to coordinate.
For local deliveries made by us, we can collect used jars when delivering your next order. We are unable to collect ourselves if your order was delivered by courier, although we can guide you on options.
It’s not essential to clean before returning to us
If you’re reusing at home, here’s how to clean:
- Partially submerge in very hot water, wait 30s before removing
- The label should now easily peel or wipe off with paper towel
- Partially re-submerge and wait 2 minutes before removing
- Wipe the wick and wax out of the jar thoroughly with paper towel. Use a second piece of paper towel to minimise wax residue
- Place in your dishwasher to complete. Dishwasher tablets dissolve wax residue, leaving a perfectly clean jar ready to re-use.
If you'd like to use the jars around your home, here's some handy ideas:
- Toothbrush/toothpaste holder
- Bobby pin jar
- Pocket money jar
- Tea/Coffee/Sugar jar
- Secret lolly jar in the back of your pantry (shh we won't tell)
- Hair tie jar
- Kitchen pot plant
- Office stationary holder for pens/paperclips/highlighters
- Candle accessory holder (wick trimmer/electric candle lighter)
- Remote control holder